150 Years of the JSPCA
Jersey – The Jersey Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (JSPCA) was founded in 1868 with a mission to change attitudes of the general public towards animals and in 1913 local resident, Miss Frances Elizabeth Wilson, founded the Jersey Animals’ Shelter to care for abandoned, sick, injured and stray animals. In 1925, the JSPCA formed a committee which gave assistance to the Animals’ Shelter, purchasing the current property in which the Shelter resides in 1930.
Celebrating the 150th anniversary of the JSPCA, eight stamps and a Souvenir Miniature Sheet illustrate some of the invaluable services provided by this long-serving Jersey charity.
- Andrew Hutchinson
- Southern Colour Print, New Zealand
- Offset Lithography
- 4 Colours
- Stamp die size: 36mm x 35.84mm. Souvenir Miniature Sheet size 85mm x 85mm